Note: this feature is reserved for Premium users
Your music is online, and your promotions cross borders. But not all content behaves the same in all countries. For example, you may release two different versions of an album: one for release in one country, and one for release in the rest of the world. If you want to use the same campaign to promote different versions of the same content, you can do so using our localized landing pages.
What are localized landing pages?
By setting up multiple territories for your campaigns, you can ensure that visitors from different countries have a different experience on your campaign. You can customize all aspects of your campaign for specific territories, including:
- Take visitors who click on the same music service to different destinations.
- Display or hide certain music services for certain countries.
- Rearrange music services depending on local popularity.
- Display different album art in certain countries.
- Instantly redirect visitors to conditional destinations.
But before you can create these rules for your campaign, you must first set up your desired territories in your board settings.
How to set up territories
Before you can set up unique landing pages in your campaign for specific territories, you must first set up those territories in your board settings.
- Navigate to your board settings page by clicking "Settings" in the top right corner.
- Find the section titled "Music service management".
- Use the field titled "Add new territory" to add new countries to your settings.
- After you have added a territory, you will be able to remove and add your desired music services for that particular territory by clicking on the "down arrow" icon to the right of the territory.
- Remember to click "Save changes" for your changes to be remembered.
Once you have added at least one territory, the default territory titled "All countries" will change its name to "All other countries". Any settings you make here will apply to all territories that you have not explicitly added to this section in your board settings.
You can now use your selected territories to create specific rules and behaviours when creating or editing your campaigns.
How to create localized landing pages for a campaign
Once you have added your territories to your board settings, you will be able to use them when creating or editing Linkfire campaigns. When doing so, you can customize your landing page for different countries in the section titled "Landing page".
In this section, you will find a drop-down field containing all of the countries that you have added in your board settings. Select a country in the drop-down, or press the arrow buttons to switch between them. You can also click on the "Manage territories" button to activate or deactivate countries for this particular campaign.
Switching between different countries in this section of the create or edit campaign page will let you create a custom configuration, which will only appear to users visiting your campaign from the selected country.
If you need to test how your campaign will behave for users from certain countries, you can do by visiting your campaign and appending /lang/xx to its URL, where xx is the ISO code of the country you want to test for. So if you want to see how artist.lnk.to/album would behave for visitors located in Germany, you will visit the URL artist.lnk.to/album/lang/de.