This is a guide for adding a newsletter service to any landing page, allowing users to give their email and consent to be contacted. For a guide to setting up a pre-release link with email capture built into the pre-save flow, please follow this guide instead. For a guide to setting up a bio link with email capture built-in, please follow this guide instead.
Add email capture to a specific link
You can add the email capture service to any of the following link types:
- Release Link
- Playlist Link
- Pre-Save Link
- Bio link
Enable email capture by adding “Email sign-up” under your list of services.
- Go to “Edit” for your specific link.
- Select “Service destinations” under the “SETUP” section.
- Select “+ Add Service” at the top-right of the screen.
- Type in “Email sign-up” and select it from the dropdown
Click on "Email Lists" under the advanced settings options on the left-hand side. From here you can add up to 3 mailing lists to display on the email capture screen. For each list you need to input the following:
1. Email list name (this will be displayed next to a tick box on the email capture screen)
2. IFB Form ID (Example format -MdN7AC_tUYkx_T_8N)
3. IFB Address Book ID (Example format 12423523)
1. If you have added the Email sign-up service but have not added any email lists you will not be able to save the link.
2. If you are not sure where to find the IFB Form ID and IFB Address Book ID, please reach out to email@example.com.
- The “Email sign-up” field will now be added to the landing page and ready for visitors to input their email address
- You can keep the default CTA button text ‘Join’ or edit it under “Services” in the “landing page” section. This is also where you can reorder the order of services on the landing page.
- Once a fan signs up via the landing page, Linkfire sends the email address straight to the IFB mailing list(s), ready for you to contact on future marketing emails.
Add email capture in Board settings
To make email capture a permanent feature across all links created on your board, add “Email sign-up” directly to your board settings under the “Services” section. You will need to add the service to all territories that you would like to capture emails from. You can always remove it or change the order of your services when setting up individual links.
By adding the email sign-up service to board settings, you always need to add an email list ID to every link before you will be able to save it. If you believe you will only use email capture on certain links we would recommend adding the service on a link-by-link basis.