This is a guide for adding a newsletter service to any landing page, allowing users to give their email and consent to be contacted. For a guide to setting up a pre-release link with email capture built into the pre-save flow, please follow this guide instead. For a guide to setting up a bio link with email capture built-in, please follow this guide instead.
Add email capture to a specific link
You can add the email capture service to any of the following link types:
- Release Link
- Playlist Link
- Pre-Save Link
- Bio link
Enable email capture by adding “Email sign-up” under your list of services.
1. Go to “Edit” for your specific link.
2. Select “Service destinations” under the “SETUP” section.
3. Select “+ Add Service” at the top-right of the screen.
4. Type in “Email sign-up” and select it from the dropdown
5. Click on "Email Lists" under the advanced settings options on the left-hand side. From here you can add up to 3 mailing lists to display on the email capture screen.
For each list you need to input the following:
- Email list name (this will be displayed next to a tick box on the email capture screen)
- Newsletter ID (Example format UMGUK0137-69145)
2. If you are not sure where to find the Newsletter ID, please contact the UK CRM team.
6. You can keep the default CTA button text ‘Join’ or edit it under “Services” in the “landing page” section. This is also where you can reorder the order of services on the landing page.
7. The “Email sign-up” field will now be added to the landing page and ready for visitors to input their email address
Once a fan signs up via the landing page, Linkfire sends the email address straight to the ViceVersa mailing list(s), ready for you to contact on future marketing emails.
Add email capture in Board settings
To make email capture a permanent feature across all links created on your board, add “Email sign-up” directly to your board settings under the “Services” section. You must add the service to all territories you want to capture emails from. You can always remove it or change the order of your services when setting up individual links.
Please note: By adding the email sign-up service to board settings, you always need to add an email list ID to every link before you will be able to save it. If you believe you will only use email capture on certain links we would recommend adding the service on a link-by-link basis.