When you share your Linkfire links, we collect performance data at every point of your conversion funnel (from traffic sources and locations to volume and type of conversions) to help you understand how your links are performing and enable you to optimize the performance of your future marketing efforts.
You can access insights for each individual link you’ve created with Linkfire by hovering over the link title and click on “Insights”.
The Insights page is structured in tabs displaying different metrics:
- Overview: a high-level glance at link activity and performance over time
- Sources: a display of all the traffic sources for your links as well as the performance of your channels
- Services: maps out click-throughs for each service
- Locations: an overview of the geographical sources of traffic for your links
- Sales: a breakdown of items sold and earnings on each store for Premium clients with affiliate programs only
- Streaming: an overview of the streaming activity for Pro, Business, and Premium clients only
The header at the top of the Insights page indicates the name and the type of link you are looking at.
You can filter the data based by dates on the right-hand side on the insights page.
The overview page offers a high-level glance at link activity and performance over time. You can hover over each metric to get a definition of what it measures at the information “i”.
A list of definitions is also offered below:
- Visits: is the number of times the link has been visited by actual people. Repeated visits are counted. Bots, scrapers, and preloads are not included.
*Hover over the Visits overview for the following metrics:
- Clicks: non-unique page views including bots and spiders etc. Repeated hits are counted.
- Sessions: Activity in a 10-minute timeframe in which activity (repeated page views and engagements) is counted as unique.
- Bounce rate: the percentage of visits to your landing page where the visitor closed the page without doing anything.
- Streams: the number of tracked streams that we can attribute to your Linkfire link. This number does not include streams from sources that have not integrated with Linkfire yet.
- Streams per click-through: the ratio of streams on supported services against the number of click-throughs.
- Click-throughs: the number of times a visitor has clicked through to a destination on your link.
- Click-through rate: the percentage of click-throughs on your link against the number of visits.
- Items sold: the number of tracked purchases that we can attribute to your Linkfire link. This number does not include purchases from sources that have not integrated with Linkfire yet.
- Items sold per click-through: the ratio of purchases on supported services against the number of click-throughs.
This section will give you an overview of the distribution of your traffic sources for your links based on the channels or activity IDs you defined when creating the link, as well as referrals to your link which are automatically detected. For each of the three tabs, you can choose to display the data either by Visits or Click-through rate.
- Channel distribution: the channels section displays the number of visitors that reached your link through specific channels, as defined when creating the link - click here to read about how to set up Channel for more detailed tracking.
- Referrer distribution: this section displays the distribution of visitors that have been referred to your link from specific sources. Referrers are automatically detected by Linkfire, and when it is impossible to detect the source of the traffic, the data will be displayed as “Unknown”. We are not able to differentiate between different internal sources on the same platform. For example, if you share a link across two different Facebook pages at three different times of the day, you can track all six instances using a combination of Channels and Activities. All six instances will be filed as “facebook.com” on the Referrer overview - click here to read more on how Referred information is collected and reported.
- Activity tracking: In addition to tracking your traffic by Channels, you can also associate a certain Activity with your link each time you share it. You can, for example, use activities to track the performance of the same link shared at different times of the day - click here to read more on how to use Activities.
Services (for release and playlist links only)
Use this overview to see which music services your click-throughs went to. The page displays a distribution between service type (streaming / download / physical) as well as a list of services based on the number of click-throughs and percentage of the total.
This section displays the cities and countries your visitors are reaching your link from. In addition to the absolute numbers of visitors, this overview also shows the percentage of visitors in one particular location compared to the total number of visitors.
You can also choose to see the click-through rate for each city, and the number of click-throughs from each particular location.
Sales - for Premium clients with affiliate programs only
This insights section will display an overview of the items sold and total earnings for the past months as well as a sales breakdown on product types or stores.
The streaming overview shows the click-throughs to streaming services and corresponding conversions like plays and shares. This information is for examples available for Pandora in the US and Apple Music.