When you share your Linkfire links, we collect performance data at every point of your conversion funnel—from traffic sources and locations to volume and type of conversions. This helps you understand how your links are performing and enables you to optimize the performance of your future marketing efforts.
You can access insights for each individual link you’ve created with Linkfire, as well as general insights for every board you’re using.
To access the insights page for a specific link, hover over the link image and click on “Insights.“
The Insights page is structured in tabs displaying different metrics:
- Overview: a high-level glance at link activity and performance over time
- Sources: a display of all the traffic sources for your links as well as the performance of your channels
- Services: maps out click-throughs for each service
- Locations: an overview of the geographical sources of traffic for your links
- Sales: a breakdown of items sold and earnings on each store (not available on Personal Free plans)
- Streaming: an overview of the streaming activity (Not available on Personal Free plans)
The header at the top of the Insights page indicates the name and the type of link you are looking at, along with an option to export your insights.
You can filter your insights based on pre-set or custom time frames. This filter will be applied to all the data tabs.
The overview page offers a high-level glance at link activity and performance over time. Hover over a metric and click the “i” which appears for more information about what it measures.
A list of definitions is also offered below:
- Visits: is the number of times the link has been visited by actual people. Repeated visits are counted. Bots, scrapers, and preloads are not included.
*Hover over the Visits overview for the following metrics:
- Clicks: non-unique pageviews including bots and spiders etc. Repeated hits are counted.
- Sessions: Activity in a 10-minute timeframe in which activity (repeated page views and engagements) is counted as unique.
- Unique visitors: The number of individual people who have visited this link/links on this board at least once.
- Bounce rate: the percentage of visits to your landing page where the visitor closed the page without doing anything.
- Engagements: the number of times a visitor has engaged with your link in some way, for example by previewing the sample on your landing page or clicking through to a service.
- Engagement rate: the percentage of engagements on your link against the number of visits.
- Click-throughs: the number of times a visitor has clicked through to a destination on your link.
- Click-through rate: the percentage of click-throughs on your link against the number of visits.
- Conversions: the number of tracked conversions, such as sales or streams, that we can attribute to your Linkfire link. This number does not include conversions from sources that have not been integrated with Linkfire yet.
- Conversion rate: the percentage of conversions on supported services against the number of click-throughs.
This section will give you an overview of the distribution of your traffic sources for your links based on the channels (for Business plans only) or activity IDs you defined when creating the link, as well as referrals to your link, which are automatically detected. For each of the three tabs, you can see the data sorted into Visits, Click-throughs, and CTR (click-through rate).
- Channel distribution: the channels section displays the number of visitors that reached your link through specific channels, as defined when creating the link - learn more about how to set up Channels for detailed tracking.
- Referrer distribution: this section displays the distribution of visitors that have been referred to your link from specific sources. Referrers are automatically detected by Linkfire, and when it is impossible to detect the source of the traffic, the data will be displayed as “Unknown.” We are not able to differentiate between different internal sources on the same platform. For example, if you share a link across two different Facebook pages at three different times of the day, you can track all six instances using a combination of Channels and Activities. All six instances will be filed as “facebook.com” on the Referrer overview - learn more on how Referred information is collected and reported.
- Activity tracking: In addition to tracking your traffic by Channels, you can also associate a certain Activity with your link each time you share it. You can, for example, use activities to track the performance of the same link shared at different times of the day - learn more about how to use Activities.
Services (for release and playlist links only)
Use this overview to see which music services your click-throughs went to. Services are listed by the number of click-throughs.
This section shows where your link visitors are located. All the data is displayed by Visits, Click-throughs, and CTR, and you can choose to view either Countries or Cities.
Sales - (for Premium clients with affiliate programs only)
This insights section will display an overview of the items sold and total earnings for the past months as well as a sales breakdown on product types or stores.
The streaming section shows fan activity inside of select services, after they click through from a Linkfire link. The top overview displays number of streams by service. For more detailed insights, hover over a service’s name and click “View streaming breakdown.“
The stats in these breakdowns vary between services. They can include the number of “streams,” “saves,” and “shares” your music has received, or details about the countries or cities where streams on your tracks originate.
To access your board insights, click on the Insights tab on the top menu when logged in to Linkfire.
Board Insights page explained - (for Premium and Business clients only)
Board insights are structured in the same way as Link Insights, with the same metrics shown (apart from “Streaming,” which is only available in Link Insights). Every metric displayed is an aggregate of the exact same values for all links on that specific board.
In addition to the same insights displayed on the Link Insights page, the Board Insights also contain a “Links” section that shows how each individual link on that board performed.
You can choose to display the list of links on that page based on Visits or Click-through rate by selecting “Show Visits” or “Show Click-through rates” in the upper right corner of the table.
In the overview based on Visits, the Distribution column displays the percentage share of the link visits from the total number of visits on the board.
In the overview based on Click-through rates, the Click-throughs column displays the number of times a visitor has clicked through to a destination on your link.