This is a guide for adding a newsletter service to any landing page, allowing users to give their email and consent to be contacted. For a guide to setting up a pre-release link with email capture built into the pre-save flow, please follow this guide instead.
Add email capture to a specific link
Enable email capture by adding “Email sign-up” under your list of services.
- Go to “Edit” for your specific link.
- Select “Service destinations” under the “SETUP” section.
- Select “+ Add Service” at the top-right of the screen.
- Type in “Email sign-up” and select it from the dropdown
Click on "Email Lists" under the advanced settings options on the left-hand side. From here you can add up to 3 mailing lists to display on the email capture screen. For each list you need to input the following:
1. Email list name (this will be displayed next to a tick box on the email capture screen)
2. IFB Form ID
3. IFB Address Book ID
1. If you have the Email sign-up and do not add any email lists, users will not be presented with an email capture page.
2. If you are not sure where to find the IFB Form ID and IFB Address Book ID, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The “Email sign-up” field will now be added to the landing page and ready for visitors to input their email address
- You can keep the default CTA button text ‘Join’ or edit it under “Services” in the “landing page” section. This is also where you can reorder the order of services on the landing page.
- Once a fan signs up via the landing page, Linkfire sends the email address straight to the IFB mailing list(s), ready for you to contact on future marketing emails.
Add email capture in Board settings
To make email capture a permanent feature across all links created on your board, add “Email sign-up” directly to your board settings under the “Services” section. You can always remove it or change the order of your services when setting up individual links.