The Linkfire podcast link brings together all your promotions in one personalized microsite. It’s perfect for driving fans to your shows and promoting your latest episodes, merch, social profiles, and more. Check it out in action here: Radio Rental.
Table of Contents
1.2. Pre-created podcast link
2.1. Color scheme
2.2. Background - Images
2.3. Background - Effects
- Customize your podcast landing page - Contents
1. Create your podcast link
To create a podcast link, head to the “Create link” green button at the top right of your link feed.
Select “Podcast”, and then click “Continue”.
1.1 Find your show
Leverage our automation to crate your podcast link by simply entering the title of your show, as named on either Apple Podcasts, Spotify or Amazon Music, or by using the URL to find and select your Show or Episode.
Once you’re Show or Episode appears on the list, select it by clicking on it.
1.2. Pre-created podcast link
On the next page, you will already be able to preview the podcast link we have pre-created for you. Here is also where you’ll set up the contents, the appearance, and the settings of your newly created podcast link.
Navigate between Contents, Appearance, and Settings to start setting up and customizing your link:
- Contents: This is where you can add, edit, and arrange all the content blocks of your page. When creating a podcast link, the Podcast Platform block is automatically pre-created based on your podcasts data and will automatically include:
- Podcast name
- Show/Episode description
- Matched destinations across our automated integrations
- Recent Episodes from the show you’ve selected or from the show representing the Episode you’ve selected
- Appearances: This is where you can choose the general look and feel of your page.
- Settings: This is where you can edit your podcast link URL and add tags for a smoother link management experience.
NOTE: To save you time, you won’t need to open another preview window. As you add content to your podcast link, you will see a live preview of your landing page to the right of your screen.
2. Customize your podcast’s landing page - Appearance
For added customizations, Linkfire’s podcast link gives you the option to choose the general color scheme for the page, add a custom background image, and apply effects to your background.
2.1. Color scheme
For the general look and feel of your landing page, you can choose either a “Light” color scheme, which will give you a white background with black text, or you can choose a “Dark” color scheme, which will give you a black background with white text.
2.2. Background - Images
You can also choose to use an image for your background. Simply upload your chosen .jpg, .png, or .gif (less than 10MB).
NOTE: For the best results on the desktop, use a minimum resolution of 1920 x 1080. Only the center of the image will be visible on smaller devices.
2.3. Background - Effects
If you have chosen to add a background image, you can also choose to add specific effects to help elevate your landing page even more.
- Fade Out: This will keep the background image sharp at the top of your landing page, but will fade to either a black or white background at the bottom of the landing page depending on whether you choose the “Light” or “Dark color scheme.
- Blur: This will make the entire background image blurry. This is a great option if you want to make your content blocks stand out.
3. Customize your podcast landing page - Contents
In the “Contents” tab you can add, edit, and arrange all the content blocks of your page.
3.1. How to add, reorder, or delete your content blocks
To add a content block, you can select ‘+ Add Content Blocks’ below the header section, or click on the '+' sign to the left of existing blocks. You can then select your preferred block.
You can change the order of your content blocks by simply clicking anywhere at the top of a content block, then dragging it either up or down depending on where you’d like it to be positioned. Clicking the downward arrow at the top left of a block will collapse the contents, making it easier to move around.
You can deactivate content blocks that you don’t wish to have live on your landing page by clicking the green toggle button at the top right of the block, and reactivate it by clicking the same button again. To permanently delete a content block click the trash icon to the right of the block.
3.2. Header customization
Here you’ll be able to edit the title of your podcast, the description, as well as a header image, which will appear at the top of your landing page if it needs to be changed from the automatically generated content upon link creation.
You have a choice of seven types of headers:
- Profile (circle) - center-aligned profile with a circular image
- Profile (square) - center-aligned profile with a square image
- Compact - left-aligned profile with a square image
- Cover (header overlay) - full-width cover header with a large vertical image
- Cover - full-width cover header with a large vertical image
- Card (header overlay) - header with a large vertical image
- Card - header with a large vertical image
Top tip: For the best result, we recommend using a 500x500 image for all four header types.
3.3 Podcast platform customization
The Podcast Platforms are essential for routing your fans to the destination of their choice. There are many Platforms that offer podcast listening, so this is the place to gather all the relevant Platform destinations of your choice.
When creating a podcast link, the Podcast Platform block is automatically pre-created based on your podcasts availability, and will automatically include destinations from our automated integrations list, including:
- Matched destinations for the created Show or Episode
- Recent Episodes from the show you’ve selected, or from the show representing the Episode you’ve selected
All CTAs (calls-to-action) within the platform destinations can be customised per service, but will all begin with a default CTA ‘Listen’.
If it’s deemed necessary, you are able to replace the Source with a new URL destination and click the “Rescan” button to rescan the link. This enables you to quickly change all automated destinations including Recent Episodes
Besides the automated destinations, we offer a range of different manual destinations that you may apply by clicking the
+ ADD PLATFORMS button, and selecting the platforms of your choice, accompanied by a destination manually added by you.
You are able to show 3 Recent Episodes, simply by toggling on and off the switch at the bottom of the block. This view is scanned every 3 days to always keep the Episodes up to date, and only applies to the automated integrations. If you have daily episodes, you can simply rescan the link manually to stay up-to-date.
You’re able to customize the CTA of the Recent Episodes simply by using the text-box ‘Title’ when toggled On.
3.4. Link block
If you’re looking to link to your website or merch store, the link block is the perfect addition to your landing page. Simply input the name of your link (e.g. Website) and the accompanying URL.
Top tip: To make the most of your Linkfire insights, it is recommended you use a Linkfire content link in your link content block.
3.5. Text block
A “Text Block” is a great way to add additional descriptions to your landing page to help organize your content. You can choose between “Headings” or “Text” to help elaborate and describe your content or even add a short biography to tell fans more about you.
3.6. Image block
If you’re looking to add your merch webshop with a catchy image, or you’re looking to cross-promote another of your shows, the “image block” is the perfect way to do so.
An image can be added along with optional URLs and buttons to really bring your landing page to life. You can choose your different image formats (Landscape, Square, Portrait, or Landscape), then simply upload your image (.png, .jpg, .gif). You can then choose to include a URL for when the image is clicked and/or a button for a clearer CTA.
NOTE: Your image must be under 10MB.
3.7 Socials block
It’s always a great idea to showcase your different social media channels and podcast platforms so your audience can follow you on their preferred platform. With our “Socials Block”, you can choose from various channels, and then add your corresponding profile URL.
By clicking on the dots on the left, you can drag and drop the different profiles to change their order of appearance.
3.8 Video block
With video being a great way to increase engagement on your landing page, a “Video Block” was one of our most requested features from our creators and publishers. You can choose to:
- Link out: Display a link to open the video in a new tab
- Expandable embed: Display a link to expand and play the embedded video. Simply add the URL source for the video and the text you’d like to be displayed. You can also choose whether you’d like the video to autoplay when your audience chooses to expand the video on your landing page. To enable autoplay, simply select the ‘Autoplay on expand’ tick box.
- Embed: You can embed a video that can be played directly on your landing page. Simply add the URL source for the video and select whether you’d like the video to automatically play when your audience arrives on your landing page. To enable autoplay, simply select the ‘Autoplay on expand’ tick box.
NOTE: Only YouTube links are currently supported.
3.9. Email Sign Up block
Building your email list is now a whole lot easier with our “Email Sign Up Block”. Your fans can directly share their emails with you in just one click on your podcast landing page. To learn how to add email capture to your podcast link, please check out this Help Center article.
NOTE: For Enterprise customers, please reach out to your Linkfire Customer Success Manager to learn how the email block integrates with your internal systems.
4. Customize your podcast link - Settings
If you’re looking to customize the URL of podcast link, you can do so in the “Settings” section. You can also use this section to add internal Tags to help you keep your board more organized.
If you’d like to update your podcast link shortcode, which is the part after lnk.to/shortcode, simply delete the characters already in that box and type in your preferred show or episode name.
4.1. Deleting your Podcast link
You can also choose to delete your podcast link in the “Settings” section by clicking “Permanently Delete Link”.
NOTE: This action cannot be undone.
5. Get and share your podcast link
Once you’ve finished editing your link remember to hit the big green “Publish” or “Update” button in the top right. On your “Links” page, hover over your link and click “Get” to copy your podcast link and start using it on your social media bios and all across your marketing channels.
Linkfire Podcast Links can be added to all your social media profiles like Instagram bio, Twitter/Facebook description, YouTube channel description, and even offline via the QR code feature. To learn more about how you can get the most out of your podcast link, check out this blog post.
6. Podcast link insights
Once a link starts receiving visitors, you will collect insights such as visits, clicks, plays, follows, sales, and much more. You can access insights for your podcast link by hovering over the link title and clicking on “Insights”.
Read more about Podcast Link Insights