If you’ve just hit “publish” on your new smart link and can’t wait to share it with your fans, you’re in the right place! This article is all about when and where to share your links as you progress through each phase of your release campaign.
Unless you’re already a household name, posting a link to your new release once is not enough. There are so many ways to build excitement and generate fan engagement, including pre-save campaigns, lyric videos, giveaways, and more.
Posting a variety of fresh content around your release is key for any promotional strategy. That’s why Linkfire offers seven different link types, each tailored to an essential part of your release campaign.
Let’s take a look at some ideas for when and why to use each link type:
- Create a pre-release link to build momentum 30-90 days before release day.
- Share a reward link to incentivise fans to follow a “My Essentials” playlist of old tracks 10-15 days prior to your new release. Then, add your new release to the playlist on release day.
- Use a release link to promote your new single or album for up to 90 days after release day. Keep sharing your release link on all channels, make “in case you missed it” posts, and remember to add it to YouTube descriptions.
- Share your music video or lyric video on a direct-to-service release link to capture YouTube streaming insights.
- If you’re going on tour, start promoting your ticket link about 90 days in advance.
- In the week after your release, update your landing page to direct fans to an upcoming live stream like this for example.
- If you score any media coverage or playlist features, be sure to share them with a content link or playlist link as soon as possible to maximize your exposure.
- Bring everything together in your bio link, which works perfectly for social media pages and email signatures. Be sure to include any merch!
- Keep up engagement in the post-release phase with reward links, which give your fans instant access to secret content, coupon codes, and contests.
- About a week after release, send out an email newsletter offering an exclusive merch discount through a reward link, and include a personal video greeting on a content link or release link.
Remember that no matter what kind of content you share, it’s always a good idea to wrap it in a trackable Linkfire link!
Where are the best places to share smart links?
Driving more traffic to your smart links will lead to more streams and followers—which is why we recommend sharing your links in as many places as you can.
Since Linkfire links work everywhere across the web, the possibilities are truly endless. As a starting place, we’ve listed a few channels below to help you get the most mileage out of your smart links.
- Social profiles: Smart links fit perfectly in your Instagram bio, Facebook “About” section, Twitter bio, and YouTube channel description. These are where you tell the world who you are and what you’re up to, so there’s no better place to shout about your latest release or host your bio link.
- Social posts: Tweets, Facebook posts, stories… your Linkfire links are ready to post across every social platform, for every type of post. Keep your followers up to date with links to your latest releases, tours, playlists, and merch.
- Email newsletter: Your email subscribers include your most loyal fans, and they want to hear from you. Make sure you include Linkfire links in every newsletter you send out.
- YouTube video description: Put your smart link front and center so that people who discover you on YouTube can quickly find more of your music.
- SoundCloud track description: Make it easy for your SoundCloud listeners to check out your other tracks and albums on any music service.
- Website widget: Every Linkfire link can be turned into an embeddable widget for your own website, with different sizes and types to choose from.
- Press releases: Include a Linkfire link in every press release so that you can track your PR efforts.
NEXT UP: Onboarding Step 4=> Build a bio link for all your content