Linkfire’s bio link brings together all your promotions in one personalized microsite. Drive fans to your releases, merch, SoMe profiles, tours, and more, all with one shareable link. It’s perfect for your social bios! Check it out in action here: Em Beihold, Dean Lewis, and Tokio Hotel.
Linkfire introduced their next generation bio link on September 7, 2022. If you created a bio link before this date and wish to edit your existing bio links, please visit this section for more details.
- Create your bio link
- Customize your bio link - Contents
- Customize your bio link - Appearances
- Customize your bio link - Settings
- Get and share
- Editing older generation bio links
1. Create your bio link
To make a bio link, head to the “Create link” green button at the top right of your link feed. Select “Bio” and then “Continue”.
On the next page, you can set-up your bio link using the following fields:
- Contents: This is where you can add, edit, and arrange all the content blocks of your page.
- Appearances: This is where you can choose the general look and feel of your page.
- Settings: This is where you can edit your bio link URL and add artist names and tags for a smoother link management experience.
When you’re done, click “Publish” then copy the link and insert it into your Instagram and/or TikTok bio description.
2. Customize your bio link
NOTE: To save you time, you won’t need to open another preview window. As you add content to your bio link, you will see a live preview of your landing page to the right of your screen.
In the “Contents” tab you can add, edit, and arrange all the content blocks of your page.
2.1 How to add, reorder, or delete your content blocks
To add a content block, you can select ‘+ Add Content Blocks’ at the bottom of the content section, or by clicking on the '+' sign to the left of existing blocks. You can then select your preferred block.
You can change the order of your content blocks by simply clicking anywhere at the top of a content block, then dragging it either up or down depending on where you’d like it to be positioned. Clicking the downward arrow at the top left of a block will collapse the contents, making it easier to move around.
You can deactivate content blocks that you don’t wish to have live on your landing page by clicking the green toggle button at the top right of the block and reactivate it by clicking the same button again. To permanently delete a content block click the trash icon to the right of the block.
Please note: Any historical click data will be permanently removed from your insights if you delete a content block.
Check out the article “Link in bio: What is it and what does it mean?” for more inspiration and content ideas.
Here you’ll be able to add the title of your bio link page (e.g. Tiesto’s Bio Link), a short bio description of your brand, as well as a header image, which will appear at the top of your landing page.
You have a choice of five types of headers:
- Profile (circle) - center-aligned profile with a circular image
- Profile (square) - center-aligned profile with a square image
- Compact - left-aligned profile with a square image
- Cover - full-width cover header with a large vertical image
- Card - header with a large vertical image
Top tip: For the best result, we recommend using a 500x500 image for all four header types.
If you do not wish to use a header image, you can simply delete it by clicking 'Delete Image' below the image. You'll then just be left with your header image.
2.3 Link block
If you’re looking to link to your website, merch store, as well as your Linfire ticket and release links, the link block is the perfect addition to your landing page. Simply input the name of your link (e.g. Website) and the accompanying URL.
Top tip: To make the most of your Linkfire insights, it is recommended you use a Linkfire content link in your link content block.
2.4 Text block
A “Text Block” is a great way to add additional descriptions to your landing page to help organize your content. You can choose between “Headings” or “Text” to help elaborate and describe your content or even add a short biography to tell fans more about you.
2.5 Image block
“Image Blocks” can also be added along with optional URLs and buttons to really bring your landing page to life. You can choose your different image format (Landscape, Square, Portrait or Landscape), then simply upload your image (.png, .jpg, .gif). You can then choose to include a URL for when the image is clicked and/or a button for a clearer CTA.
Finally, you can choose whether you’d like your image placed at the top (header image), center or at the bottom (footer image) of your page.
NOTE: Your image must be under 10MB.
2.6 Socials block
It’s always a great idea to showcase your different social media channels and DSPs so your audience can follow you on their preferred platform.
With our “Socials Block”, you can choose from 16 different channels, then add your corresponding profile URL.
By clicking on the dots on the left, you can drag and drop the different profiles to change their order of appearance.
2.7 Video block
With video being a great way to increase engagement on your landing page, a “Video Block” was one of our most requested features from both artists and labels. You can choose to:
- Link Out: Display a link to open the video in a new tab
- Expandable Embed: Display a link to expand and play the embedded video. Simply add the URL source for the video and the text you’d like to be displayed. You can also choose whether you’d like the video to autoplay when your audience chooses to expand the video on your landing page. To enable autoplay, simply select the ‘Autoplay on expand’ tick box.
- Embed: You can embed a video that can be played directly on your landing page. Simply add the URL source for the video and select whether you’d like the video to automatically play when your audience arrives on your landing page. To enable autoplay, simply select the ‘Autoplay on expand’ tick box.
NOTE: Only YouTube links are currently supported.
2.8 Email Sign Up block
Building your email list is now a whole lot easier with our “Email Sign Up Block”. Your fans can directly share their emails with you in just one click on your bio link landing page, without having to redirect them anywhere else. To learn how to add email capture to your bio link, please check out this Help Center article.
NOTE: For Enterprise customers, please reach out to your Linkfire customer success manager to learn how the email block integrates with your internal systems.
3. Customize your bio link - Appearances
For added customizations, Linkfire’s bio link gives you the option to:
- Choose the general color scheme for the page
- Add a custom background image
- Apply effects to your background
3.1 Color scheme
For the general look and feel of your landing page, you can choose either a “Light” color scheme, which will give you a white background with black text, or you can choose a “Dark” color scheme, which will give you a black background with white text.
3.2 Background - Images
You can also choose to use an image for your background. Simply upload your chosen .jpg, .png or .gif (less than 10MB).
NOTE: For the best results on desktop, use a minimum resolution of 1920 x 1080. Only the center of the image will be visible on smaller devices.
3.3 Background - Effects
If you have chosen to add a background image, you can also choose to add specific effects to help elevate your landing page even more. You have the choice between:
- Fade Out: This will keep the background image sharp at the top of your landing page, but will fade to either a black or white background at the bottom of the landing page depending on whether you choose the “Light” or “Dark color scheme.
- Blur: This will make the entire background image blurry. This is a great option if you want to make your content blocks stand out.
4. Customize your bio link - Settings
If you’re looking to customize your bio link, you can do so in the “Settings” section. You can also use this section to add internal Tags to your bio link to help keep your board more organized.
Specifically, if you’d like to update your bio link shortcode, which is the part after bio.to/shortcode. Simply delete the characters already in that box and type in your preferred short code, for example the name of the single, album, or artist to make a link looking like this bio.to/albumname.
You can update your bio link shortcode in your bio link’s settings or by clicking the pencil icon next to the URL in the header of your page, which will take you to the settings page.
To learn more about how you can customize your Linkfire links, please check out this Help Center article.
4.1 Deleting your bio link
You can also choose to delete your bio link in the “Settings” section by clicking “Permanently Delete Link”.
NOTE: This action cannot be undone.
5. Get and share
Once you’ve finished editing your link remember to hit the big green “Publish” or “Update” button in the top right. On your “Links” page, hover over your link and click “Get” to copy your bio link and start sharing it in your social media pages and bios.
Linkfire Bio Links can be added to all your social media profiles like Instagram bio, Twitter/Facebook description,Youtube channel description, and even offline via the QR code feature. To learn more about how you can get the most out of your bio link, check out this blog post.
We will collect insights of the fans who visit your bio link. Measure visits, clicks, streams, sales, and much more.
You can access insights for your bio link by hovering over the link title and clicking on “Insights”.
The Insights page is structured in tabs displaying different metrics:
- Summary: a high-level overview of visits and click-throughs over time, visits by tiles, and top channels and countries. You can filter by date and export your data.
- Sources: a display of all the traffic sources as well as the performance of your channels.
- Services: displays the URLs that have been clicked
- Locations: an overview of the geographical sources of traffic for your link.
- Devices: see which devices your audience are using when they click on your bio link.
- Commission (for Premium clients with affiliate programs only): a breakdown of your earnings from Linkfire's affiliate partners
- Sales(for Premium clients with affiliate programs only): a breakdown of items sold and earnings on each store for Premium clients with affiliate programs only.
Read more about Linkfire Insights.
8. Editing older generation bio links
Linkfire launched its next generation bio link in September, 2022. If you had created a Linkfire bio link before this time, you can continue to edit your existing bio links in the former format. However, you will be unable to create a new bio link in the older format.
For bio links created after September 2022, please see the section above about editing your bio links.